Monday, September 13, 2010

That's Not Snot.


I liked two things when I was thirteen, Atari and masturbating.

April 1982: My mom knocks on my bedroom door and walks in. I'm sitting Indian-style on the floor in front of my 13 inch Sony TV, playing Ka-Boom!. She has an annoyed look on her face and is holding one of my t-shirts.

  "David, you have to stop blowing your nose in your shirts!"

  Calmly staring at my TV screen, controller in my hands, I reply, "Mom....that's not snot."

 "Gasp!"

My mom, the devout Roman  Catholic, drops my shirt, grabs me and drags me down to the laundry room. She shows me how much detergent to use and how to set the dials. She looks at me and says, "From now on...you do your own laundry."


That's my sister Linda and me at 13. The good Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment