Thursday, September 23, 2010

Craigslist is Frosty

  I had an Ikea kitchen table & 6 chairs from my old apartment up on Craigslist. It was listed for $50 and I got no bites. It sat in my garage all summer so rather than calling special pick up, my girlfriend suggested I relist it for less. So I put it back up Tues. night for $30. Within a half hour I received my first email. It was from a guy named Keith and we agreed he would come pick up the items the next day at 3:30.

"What a deal."



  Well 3:30 came and went. I called Keith at 4pm and again at 5pm. There was no answer. At 5:45 he called and said he'd be there in 5 minutes. I moved everything out to my driveway and moments later a Jeep Wrangler pulled up.


"Hey Dave.", scratching his head. "Oh boy, this is bigger than I thought. I don't know if it'll fit in my car."

 "I'm pretty good at Tetris. We'll make it fit.", I interjected.

 Keith pulls out twenty bucks and looks at me and says, "Ah man, I only got a twenty. Is there a Chase bank around here?...unless you'll let me have it for twenty."

 "Are you for real? I listed it for $30, it's a steal." But I was thinking if this guy leaves to go to Chase, he may never return and I'll be stuck with this stuff and have to put it back in the garage.

  He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a coupon booklet for ten free "Frostys" from Wendy's.

  "Will this cover the difference?"

  I'm afraid it did. Now I've got a little more space in my garage, twenty more bucks in my pocket, and a bellyache.

No comments:

Post a Comment